Monday, April 27, 2015

Joseph Was Prepared

Hi all!

This has been a good week. I sent some photos of our zone activity! We went on a big hike (the same place that I went with Elder Taylor one time, but we went all the way, about two or three times farther than we’d gone before). We invited President, and he came: D and we had a blast.

This week we had zone conferences!! This went well, and I was happy that we were able to do our zone conferences. We are about half way through and so we will be able to visit all the other zones this week. It has been fun to see all of my MTC buddies again, and to give training's to the new missionaries. I had a special opportunity to have an interview with President, It was a good experience. I am so lucky to work with him! I look up to him.

This week, my companion and I had the chance to talk in our sacrament program! It went well. I talked about Joseph Smith, and my companion talked about the organization of the church today. He is a really good speaker, and gave a good talk. My talk went alright. I am just happy that I had the chance to study for it. I read a bit in one of the institute church history manuals about how Joseph Smith was prepared by Heavenly Father, to be the prophet. During my studying, I read that Joseph actually received many many visits from Moroni, and other angelic BoM heroes. It was cool. I really enjoyed reading JSH and as I did, I felt a confidence, and a happy feeling, that I know that he was really a prophet, and that I know the Church is true, even if I didn’t see him in the forest or see him receive the priesthood. I felt that it was an answer to my prayers; I had prayed, not long ago, for a better confirmation of this truth, and I think that Heavenly Father let me have a talk in church, so that I would have the confirmation that I was seeking. Pretty neat.

This weekend, we had a great lesson with our new WML. We taught an elderly Tahitian man about baptism, and we taught using Matthews account of Jesus’ Baptism. The man, who is protestant, was STUNNED by the fact that Jesus was baptized by immersion, and then, in Tahitian (WHICH I UNDERSTOOD!!!) He began expressing how happy he was to hear what we had to say, and then our DMP kept teaching really powerfully in Tahitian. At the end of the lesson, he accepted to be baptized, and was eager to learn more about the Church. It was one of the most singular lessons I have had on my mission. In seconds, this man’s faith was rocked, and he felt happy and confident hearing the message. It was a good lesson, and a neat experience.   

Also this week, I ATE fafaru again, and it wasn’t so bad. I am telling you guys, raw tuna has really been growing on me.

These are my thoughts mostly for this week. We don’t have a lot of time, because the center where we are doing mails today will close in a few minutes. Just know that I love you all and that I am happy that you are my family! I feel lucky to be your son/brother. Have a good week!!!!

-Brigham
Elder Gilson. I love Elder Gilson

A WATERFALL!

Me and the river in the bottom of the valley

A picture of the zone of Papeete, with President

No comments:

Post a Comment