Monday, March 23, 2015

Brie, Jambon, and Oeuf Sandwich

Hi, Mom and Dad.
 
Good to hear from you! Thanks for the e-mails.

This week, was a good one. I am TIRED, but good. We went to the airport for a 6 AM New Zealand flight, an Elder who's headed off to his real mission, after having served here for a few months. Afterward, we went to the store and I bought some Brie. Oh man, I love that stuff. I made a Brie (de Carrefour), Jambon (de Paris), and Oeuf (de Papeari :P) sandwich. Oh man. It was good. Ate an orange, and some more cheese to go with it. No toaster means camping style toast. Oooh yeah. Good sandwich.

Its funny how I just realized the only thing I'm talking about is food. I think the sandwich reminded me of breakfast at home. Besides the melty brie. :D

Earlier this week, I was with Elder Hunsaker, Rose, Molinari, Edwards, and Doit, all missionaries from my MTC group. They were at the mission home with us, for our leadership council meeting. It was fun to talk with them. I remembered the MTC, and realized that it has been a while. I can't believe how fast things are going. I can't believe it.

This week's been a full one. I am happy to be here, and I am happy to be a missionary. This week, we spent a lot of time with President. I know that I have such a rare chance to be able to spend so much time with him, and to learn from him.
 
Things have been good here. My testimony has been growing, and I know that the church is true. I am still learning about recognizing the Spirit, and I know that I will never stop learning about how to understand the Spirit, as long as I do my best to listen. This week, I re-read many talks from the last General Conference. It was good, and I just felt happy to be in the church. I know that sometimes people in the church mess up, and that some times (in fact always) people aren't perfect, but I do know that we don't need to be perfect to be a disciple, and that we can all learn at the same time, if we do our best, and if we try to stay on the path of happiness.

This week, a really special event happened.
 
Elder Lee Chip Sao and I found a family. A big one. I was with a returned missionary doing a split, and I stopped to say hi to a guy walking around in the neighborhood. He stopped, and was really nice to us, and then in getting to know him, I discovered that he is a less-active member. We asked him for a visit, and then we came back a few days later. When we came back, he was there, with his non-member wife, and many many members of their family. Some are members, others are not. We taught a way powerful lesson about the nature of God, and the Spirit was there. We went back, and they were ALL THERE, and we taught the plan of salvation, and tonight we are going to teach about the first principles of the gospel. I am happy to have found new investigators, and I really really hope and pray that this family will be willing and eager to follow the example of Jesus Christ. For the less active members of the family, that will mean some coming back, and for the non member members of the family, it could mean making covenants! I am happy and eager for this lesson tonight. :D

Other than that, this week has been very full. It was cool, at one moment, for the first time all week, we had 'dead time'. Then the phone rang. We were driving into the sector to see if there was something we could do. The sisters called, and asked us to give a blessing to their ami. Sweet! We filled the half hour of dead time, then things picked up. I really like it when Heavenly Father helps us use all of our time! It is the best.

Tell Grandma and Grandpa hi for me!
 
I love you guys! Have a good week.

-Brigham

No comments:

Post a Comment