Monday, September 8, 2014

Last Week in Hitiaa, Including Shark Pancakes

Hi everyone!

This week has been an interesting one. I will be transferred Tuesday night (tomorrow) and begin my new assignment then. I got to see almost all of our investigators here one last time, and tomorow I'll get to teach some of them one last time. This sector has been really a learning experience for me, and I love the people here. During sacrament meeting yesterday I got to bear my testimony, and they called a new Ward Mission Leader too. I really hope this ward does well. I'm excited for my new assignment, and a bit nervous too :P like normal. I am very stoked to work with President though, and I think the list of pros you sent is pretty cool dad. There arent really any cons, other than LOTS of responsibility. I am just happy to serve, and I hope that I can fill this calling how President and Heavenly father want me to.

In response to your questions Dad,

There are only two APs, but president just set up a new project, sending some powerful missionaries out to train in the islands, until the finish. That's what Elder Clark and Fyffe will be doing, along with 2 or 3 other missionaries. They are pretty much their own leadership, because no one will be visiting for the rest of their missions. Crazy huh!?

Our APs stay together in one sector, most of the time, BUT have regular splits with the ZLs and any other companionship that needs it. E Taylor will still be my comp when I'm 'home' in Fautaua (next to the temple). There are a lot of leadership training meetings, and that is one of the biggest  roles our APs do. Training the ZLs, and working with Stake Presidencies and stuff. I am stoked :)

Yes we have an office couple, the Andersons, from Montana. Elder Anderson is born a Canadian, but sister Anderson is from Billings I think. I love them. They are in charge of most of the travel and cars and apartment stuff. Another couple takes care of other secretarial stuff too.

This week we had 18 lessons. Not to shabby. We had one of our high council men with us too, for several lessons. He has helped us a ton. Another member here, an old man who used to be a protestant preacher (then became a bishop!) said good bye to me last night, and it was just a special moment. I really have loved this man, and working with him I have learned a lot about the Bible. We shared favorite scriptures, and he told me to call when I leave for home, so he can say good bye. Nice, tender old man, who works like crazy with the missionaries. When I got here in Hitiaa I prayed asking Heavenly Father for an Amulek. I was worried about the situation I was coming into, and I asked for Heavenly Father's help so we could do work. I know that this man was an answer to those prayers, and he really is my friend. It was very special, like a Grandpa, and friend, and Yoda at the same time. I will miss Papi Tera.

Friday I ate shark. :) It tastes like fish. :P A family fed it to us, in pancakes. Its not bad, but I think it might be frowned upon (not sure if catching sharks is taboo). Either way, it tastes pretty good. I have heard a lot about Turtle (but I know that is taboo) apparently lots of people love it too. I don't think I'll eat it if I get the chance.

This week I saw something really sad. We went to a lesson, and our investigator got in a big fight with his wife, right in front of us. His wife didn't want us to come and our ami loves our lessons. He was really interested, but his wife saw us and began chewing her husband out. They yelled and yelled, and then after some silence our ami came out and we said goodbye, sadly. His brother is a member though, so we know that it's not the end yet. I sure hope that he can continue some day. I am so glad that I am a member now, and its just goofy seeing people get in fights over the Gospel. It was an interesting experience, and it reinforces my wanting to marry in the TEMPLE!

Well, that's about all I have to say this week. I am tired, and excited for my new assignment. Wish me luck! I will be fine, I just need to make it to Tuesday night. I LOVE YOU ALL!

Thanks for all the prayers!

Brigham

No comments:

Post a Comment