Monday, May 5, 2014

This Week Started Off With a Transfer

Hi all! How are things?

This weeks been interesting. It started off with a transfer... We got the call from President at 9 PM. Elder Clark is now in Mahina as a ZL still, and now I'm the senior ZL with Elder Ball, who was previously in FAAA. I'll try and send a picture, having difficulties with the computers here. He is from California, and speaks excellent Tahitian. I do well in French, but not yet Tahitian. Still learning, and still hoping I get better at it. Since Elder Ball doesn't drive stick, its been all my driving for this week... Haha! It's actually been good; I am happy that we have the truck because the clutch in the truck is super duper gummy. You can move forward in gear, without apply gas if you let off the clutch slow enough. It is about the most forgiving clutch ever. The vans, are quite the opposite however. The clutch is almost 50/50 on or off. Its less like the dirt bike. My driving seriously degrades upon entering the van... Elder Clark and I had fun together. I really hope that this transfer goes well too. Elder Ball is a smart guy, and reminds me of Cherise! So Elder Clark and I had a mutual and undying love for Pizza. On the way to drop him off we stopped and got our companionship's last slice of pizza for lunch. It was a good moment. He helped me find fun in the everyday stuff, and is a good missionary.

This upcoming week we have some interviews with President. I love interviews, and am excited for the chance to talk with him. He is such a nice loving man, and I will miss his wisdom and his counsel when he released. I know President Bize will be great too. Even if he's different, he will be great, and is what the mission needs.

We started doing something new with the Book of Mormon this week! We are engaging members to give them to their friends who are struggling. We printed off the bullet points in PMG ch 5 (''BoM responds to questions the man asks himself'', I think something got lost in translation... dang don't know how to express this thought in the English right now) and have them in the BoM's so that people might go find a chapter. E ball and I had the idea during weekly planning and we feel really good about it. The members are also writing their testimonies which will be sweet. Its our method to find those who are READY and being prepared for the gospel.

That's most of whats on my mind right now. I miss you guys, but Im happy here! Being in charge of the sector made me nervous for the night before the transfer, but like EVERYTHING else, worrying before hand is NOT worth it. Things are going fine, and I am happy too! Elder Nelson even told us the same thing Dad you always tell me when he was here. He just said ' You do your best, and leave ALL the worrying to the Lord.'' That has been sage advice. His visit has really made a difference in my mission and ability to serve. Just sooo blessed.

I LOVE YOU!!!
Thanks for being so good, and helping me out here! Have a good week, and faaitoito!

Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment