Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Hey!!

I love Mondays too! Can't wait to get on to hear how you're doing! I miss you guys, but I am glad to be here too. Last week it was great to email back and forth. I loved that :)

Snow sounds great, but I LOVE IT HERE! It's starting to cool down, and as the Summer comes to you it leaves us. Yes we did see General conference! It was at 6:00 a.m. and I got up at 4-something to get there... :P Two days in a row... :P pooped, but edified :) Here everyone watches it at the chapels or on their internet. The church has a policy that if it's being shown there must be a room in english so there was and that's were the missionaries and RMs watched it. It was cool to watch it with lots of other American missionaries. There are TONS of people at the chapels, and I think that the majority of those who'd watch on their internet come because they're in charge or social. I LOVE CONFERENCE and can't wait to read it like I did the last one. I studied it and it became so deeply personal for me. I LOVE last conference so much now. Can't wait to read this one.

[We had asked about his use of birthday cash, whether he has had any lobster, and about his mission vehicle and manual transmission driving progress.]

I have spent half of the b-day cash on Doritos and Pringles hehehe.

Had lobster (longoose) for Christmas and New Year. I loved it. I really liked oysters and mussels too. Just fun :) after farfaroo anything is possible!  :)

I have only driven a little. I'm not yet doing real driving, just parking lot, because I haven't gotten approved by Elder Clawson (Couple Elder from Canada :P) I should be fine just as soon as I talk to him. The clutch is different, but not to much different from the bike. I miss the shifting with toes though. Not gonna be used to the stick for a while :P Yes the truck has AC :)

Thanks for the advice on the mission. I really love it here, and one thing this is helping me realize is that sometimes crap happens. Sometimes days are rough. Sometimes you REALLY REALLY don't want things to go one way, but they DO (as if God did it on purpose...) and all you can do is your best. You just have to accept the way things are and do your best being humble and meek before Christ. If you pout or panic, things only still suck (not a scout word.... sorry). Things won't stop being rotten if you don't get up out of the dump. It's not to say I can't change situations, on the contrary you must change some situations. It's just been so different here than any other period in my life. I really am starting to love it. Even Elder Petis and I are good buddies now. We sit next to each other all the time in leader meetings. That's been wonderful.

I love you all! Thanks for being my family! Thanks Dad for your love and mail. Thanks Mom too! Thanks Cherise, Eulalia, Zephne, and James and Csilla, and everyone!! I love you guys so much! Have a good week!

Love,
Orometua Larsen

Oh and big PS, I forgot. I just found out today that I will be filmed. Not teaching, but for a reenactment of the mission in the 1800s.  I and about 10 or 15 other missionaries got assigned to be in a film the church is making about missionary work, and it will all look like it was a long time ago.  I am stoked :) No talking, just working out scenes that will all be narrated. Exciting and special opportunity. I'll tell you more when I know it :)

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment