Saturday, October 5, 2013

I Am So Excited for TAHITI!!

Hi Mom and Dad!

This week has been crazy. I am packing like crazy. Sent a cheap box to Zeph filled with study stuff and heavy toiletries that won't fit in the 50 lbs limit. Thanks for the stuff you've sent. I think I should get it today, and if I don't they'll just forward it back to you probably. The mail system is kinda slow here, but they do call down elders to get packages if its the day before they leave. Hope they'll do that Sunday, but whatever.

I am so excited for TAHITI!! Can't believe that we are actually going, and that I am actually gonna be a real missionary.... in FRENCH, and TAHITIAN...... That concept still hasn't sunken in, that people actually speak that outside of Highschool and the MTC.

Thank you so much for you love and prayers. I heard they are televising the priesthood session this year because of the feminist group. Funny how they'll never televise the Relief Society broadcast because all the guys are like "Annother meeting?! Nobody's asking for that..." Thought that was funny.

This week has been full of tender mercies too. We went to INFIELD orientation. It's like a 8 hour meeting, or group of meetings, in which all the departing missionaries get taught by all the awesome teacher bosses (teacher zone and district coordinators I think). It was SO COOL. I felt so excited about half way through, and it wiped away my anxiety about travel, and packing, and culture, and and and. It was a cool excitement, and realization that I can do it. And that I don't have to do it alone because the Lord will be doing the teaching if I'm doing my best. I have to remind myself of that feeling and use it to chase the doubt away.

I am really close on weight, and I wont know for sure until the morning of. I have to throw some small items in right after I shower and get dressed on Monday. If I'm over i might leave my blanket here for an elder to send to Zeph through postmart. Hope i don't have to leave it though... I love my blanky.... :(  I was off on my estimate for when I'd do the ATM thing, and I only took 80 out did it yesterday. The ATM card didn't work but the debit did (charged 2 bucks). President wants us to have $100 on us for expenses the day we arrive in Tahiti, in cash, so now I do. I think the 600 (right?) that's still in there should be enough. 150-200 for the bike, 75 for checked bag number two, and the carry on and bag 1 are free. I am taking my timbuk2 bag as a personal item, and my camelbak as my carry on and hope they are good with that. Elder Randal who's flown to France, Hawaii, and all around the world since he was 2 says they will be because the timbuk2 fits under the seat in front of me. Really hope that it works, and thats the only place i see other funds being used, if they squabble at that. Or if I go over. It's like 75 bucks more if I'm over on a checked bag... Not gonna let that happen.

I have my reciept for the bike, and everything else I need. If the package makes it to me I will put whats in it in my carry on. It will work out. (can you tell I'm nervous... :P)

I love you SO MUCH! You are the best family ever. I really am so glad that I have parents who love each other and me, and who are supporting me on the whole mission thing. This has been the hardest thing I've done so far (yurt moment for Dad), but I have already come closer to the Savior, and I've learned a lot. I know it only gets harder from here, but I know you are praying for me. When I get discouraged I try to remember that I know this is true, and that I am doing my best. That's what counts, and that's what my teachers say will make all the difference.

Thanks again, and have a good week or two. I will probably be able to email next Monday (the one in 10 days) but if not I will do my best to let you know where I'm going. Internet is iffy, but I will try!

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

~Elder Brigham Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment