Monday, October 14, 2013

First Message from Tahiti

My parents. Hi. This has been a whirlwind. Struggling on the frch keyboard so some of this might not be typed right, lol

SO GOOD TO HEAR YOUR VOICES!!! I loved that.

So, I am in Faaa, it is on the main land, next to Papeete, and the airport. We made it in and got a bit of sleep then headed out to have breakfast, orientation, and get assigned. It was super cool, and Pres and Sis Sinjoux are so nice. The mission home is so calm and clean, not like our appt, lol. Dad, your letters arrived from the 15th and the 22nd. Thanks. That was a pleasant surprise. I'm sending a letter today too.

This is NOT the language they taught at the MTC... but really, haha. It is so not french french, but I know that it will come. Teaching is hard, but talking with ward members is harder. They are all nice here though.

My body does not officially like the food here. Yup. What Molinari said on his blog might be true for me... at least for now. I had a fever yesterday, but think its mostly gone now. Got a blessing and drank water Hope that stops. Really need to be able to eat more so I can make it on the bike.

My bike made it! thanks for a bike that fits. We pedal more than most of the mission, and its super hilly here, so I'm glad its working. Can you send me some disc brake maintenance info?  That would help a lot. In an email or in a letter would be cool.

Things are good here. feeling a bit inadequate, but I know that God will watch out for me. My comp Elder Petis is from the Tuamotus and is super good at teaching. He will help me a lot. I think I'll send more stories in mail cuz this keyboard is wacky.

Please keep praying for me. Thank you thank you thank you. I love you all. I miss you all. Miss the food, the cold, and the English, but I know I'm supposed to be here. thanks for loving me and supporting me. Talk to you in a week :D

Gonna try to send pics in a min. here goes! love you

Brigham
Belida is the lady in the pic, super nice.  Baptism the 30th.

No comments:

Post a Comment