Monday, June 1, 2015

E-mail Sent from Weak Post Office Wi-Fi :P

Hi all!
This week has been a good one. Elder Bakow and I had about twenty five lessons this week ( 10 With less active members ). We were stoked. We fixed a baptismal date with one of our amis, and we even found some new people. We've talked with like everyone on the whole island. And almost everyone has let us come share a message.  Yesterday we met the pastor of the local Catholic church, and we got to know him. Nice dude. He told us about the island back in the day, when pearl and mother of pearl were Huge here. He worked with lots of people who came from all over the world.  Even Japan.  Apparently a huge storm came and killed the industry here, when it wiped out the lagoon. Sad stuff.

This week, we had THE boat come. Only one boat came this month . A mid-sized cargo ship. Because of the boat's late arrival,  (it came Sunday,  but was supposed to come Saturday ) the whole island was at the docks instead of being at church. Our branch's sacrament meeting was held at six PM after the boat had gone. If you miss the boat, there's no red meat and you can't get your stuff from Papeete. So we spent all of Sunday morning at the dock with the whole branch. On the bright side, we got our bikes and laundry soap! :)

Today's P-day was relaxed. We took some food photos that I'll have to show you later. We found some cool crabs, and we helped a friend understand the instructions for his appliance which came on the boat. I don't have much time to write, but thank you all for the e-mails and for the prayers. I love you all!!! I was happy to hear from you all, about graduation and fishing, and about all the adventures in your lives. Know that I love you, and I look forward to seeing you all again. It is getting closer and closer but I don't know if I can be excited for that day or not. I just want to do my best as a missionary and though I don't want to finish it will be so nice to be with you!

Have a good week!

-Brigham

No comments:

Post a Comment