Monday, January 26, 2015

Meet the Mormons

Thanks for the email mom! :D It really made my day!

This has been a good P-day. This last week was a whirlwind, and WHEW! it's over :D

Today was the most relax P-day ever. I got two loads of laundry done (and I even got my shirts hung up fresh out of the drier NO WRINKLES), did some deep cleaning of the bathroom, some sport (consisting of physical therapy exercises, push ups and sit ups), and had a hamburger for lunch. It has been a good P-day. Tonight we are going to watch Meet the Mormons with President :D Lucky us!

This last week, our zone conference trainings went really well. Elder White talked about personal consecration, and I talked about Doctrine and Alliances 121 (many are called, but few are chosen). Our last training was about the fact that we are all called, and this one was all about the fact that we must choose to be chosen (aka, to have success as a missionary, and to help others come to Christ). It went great, and I felt the holy Ghost help us. I was thrilled that the missionaries listened, and that I think it might have helped some of them. It was good.

This week, I also had the chance to do another split with my friends, the zone leaders of Papeari (Vairao, my old sector with Elder Clark and Ball). I went with them after their zone conference, and I got to see a bunch of my old converts. I really was lucky and happy to go again. Elder Tago (from AUS) was there with me. He has been a ZL for a few months now, and I really really enjoyed being with him. He is a smart, nice man, and I learn a lot from getting to work with elders like him. While on the split, we saw some inactive converts as well. That was rough, and I think it was an eye opener for me, as to the fact that once people are baptized, its not the end. Oh boy. I felt so sad for a sister I met, who was sobbing. She really needed our visit. She was a new member when I arrived in the ward, and this last year has been so hard for her. I think That I realized a bit more about what the 'true religion' is (according to James 1 27). I am sooooooo lucky to have had you and dad as good examples, and to be able to be a missionary thanks to your choices, and my choices. Wow, I feel sooooo lucky and so blessed! I just hope that I can be an effective tool for Heavenly Father.

This week, we have a lot of time to teach ahead. Elder White and I taught 12 lessons this last week, despite all of the conferences, and all of the time spent elsewhere. Whewwww... So glad that that week is over. And in about 2 weeks, it will allllll start again. We've got a big promotion of new missionaries coming in from Provo.

I will send some pictures, and then send my last thoughts for today. Sorry its a short email. Elder White and I will be going to Papeari and back tonight, to drop off some baggage for an Elder. And don't forget the meet the Mormons :D

I love you all my family, and congrats Dad for magnifying of callings! I am happy to hear that you will be helping the Stake get on target with YM's and Scouting. 

Also, I am proud of you baby Hannah! 

Well my family, that is about all for tonight. Have a good week. I am doing well. I am safe, and I am happy. ANNND, I am well fed. :D

Have a good night!

-Brigham
Me and an old friend from Vairao. He fed me Jack Fruit (relative of durian, that actually tastes sweet) :D

Elder Tago and Me

The good old ZL truck... :D I missed it.

Zone Conference Papeete (best zone ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment