Monday, December 15, 2014

Scattered Thoughts for Today

Hi family! 

This week has been a good one. Things are flying by, and I just cant believe it is Christmas. Really though. It is so weird thinking that it will be Christmas in like a week or so.

This week, I officially ate the biggest steak frite I have ever seen. Ever.  Attached should be a picture of it. Our Elder's quorum president took us there with our ami. That is the fine maa (food) here. If you want to eat out, it is always at a roulotte (van with grill inside). This one is know for having the biggest steak and fries. Oh boy. Don't worry. I did not eat it all in one sitting.... that would have been impossible.
Thanks for all of the support, and all the emails this week. I am so lucky to have a loving family, and a good bunch of friends and companions here.

This week, on Tuesday, we had a baptism (shout hooray)! It was a good service. This sister was so ready for her baptism. She'd had the lessons for about 6 years. She is one of the people who got married recently too (sent pictures I believe).

This weekend, we had the chance to see a concert given by the LDS regional choir. Wow. It was awesome. A lot of the government people (mayors and presidents) came to the concert at our chapel, and it was broadcast into the islands. The songs were really powerful, and I felt the spirit help me feel calm, and feel motivated to be a better missionary. I love music, and I really appreciate the spirit of church songs.
 
The guy just came to fix our laundry machine, and the center of employment closed so we needed to go to the office to finish emails :P

I was saying, we had a great missionary concert last night. WOW, it was powerful, and I felt the spirit as I listened to the songs. Every concert type situation, or devotional, or fireside, is like a little spiritual boost. I love meetings like those.

This evening, we will be doing an FHE with President, and some of the members who've come to the temple housing to get endowed or sealed this week, It is a pretty neat opportunity, and meeting the saints from the outer islands is pretty cool. Last week we drove, and met people from the Marqueese. They speak French, but prefer Marqueesian (like Tahitian, with some new words, and changes in the alphabet... :D) They have some cool testimonies to share, and plenty of neat conversion stories. It is a sacrifice for the members to descend to go to the temple. At least the temple is now in Tahiti, not in New Zealand.

Well my family, those are my scattered thoughts for today. I am doing well, and I am happy to be a missionary. I know that the church is true, and that we are an ETERNAL family. Pretty cool huh?!

This next week, will be a fun one, getting ready for some more smaller transfers, and getting some coordination time with President. He is a cool man, and I look up to him and Sr. Bize.

Have a good week my family! I'm excited to see your faces this Christmas :D 
Oh, and dad, have a fun fishing trip, and be careful! 

I LOVE YOU!

--Elder Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment