Monday, October 13, 2014

Photo Essay

Gonna send some photos first to describe today, and this week, then write more after photos.

Elder Petis's group from the MTC, left today. They served their two years, and so we had their release meeting at the mission home today. I am so happy that Elder Petis will always be a good friend. A very nice man!

Today, I HAD TACOS!!! Sister Clawson made the Tacos, and real home-made enchiladas.... SOOOO goood. First real Mexican food in a while :P

A Deacon in our ward.

This weekend we had a baptism! Shout hooray! (to the tune of you've had a Birthday, hehehehe)
Actually we had 3.... coolest service I've ever seen! 
The young man is L___, the old one is the man who got married and his wife was baptized a few weeks ago, and the middle aged one is V___. He is an awesome guy too. They have all changed tons, and I LOVE THESE PEOPLE! The service was really powerful, with three baptisms, the Papeete region (all of Tahiti's) LDS choir, and President and Sr. Bize

Also this Saturday, we had a YM YW missionary day! We did surveys (door to door survey approaches) withe the young men, and the sisters did with the young women. It was awesome. We got about 50 names, and 30 people accepted to receive a visit. It was pretty awesome. Fun to go on a split with a deacon and the YM President (he is the one right next to me)

During the week this week, we showed President the houses of missionaries all over the island, We had hamburgers and fries a few time this week.

The burgers were at a place called Beach Burger. Elder Clark and I drove by it all the time, thinking how cool it'd be to stop there. We went with President, and it wasn't that bad, but the burger was cooked on the grill with fish i think, Makes for an interesting after taste.

There's the Photo essay of this week.

Things went well. I am doing well, and I am happy to be a missionary. I'm still learning what it's like to be a missionary, and I am still making mistakes, and progress. In doing the work I am finding joy.

This week we spent lots of time with President. I really look up to him and Sister Bize. Fun people, who are strong strong strong, in the Gospel.

This week for my studies, I read the whole book of Philippians. Super good book, letter by the Apostle Paul. The more I read the epistles, the more I feel the value of my covenants. Not sure if that makes a lot of sense, but it does for me. There's a talk by D Todd Christofferson, which I'm gonna study some more this week called the Power of Covenants ( https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/04/the-power-of-covenants?lang=eng ) When I read the epistles, I think of the quote in his talk "Make you covenants paramount''. For these apostles, their covenants were paramount, BUT I am convinced that the importance of covenants was de-highlighted by the translations of the Bible. It doesn't come straight out, but in reading the New Testament, several times I have felt this. I am soo happy to have made holy covenants, and feel the same confidence as the apostles who said they were soldiers for Christ (2 Tim 2:3) I really love the book of Philippians.

We'll that is about all for this week.

I love you my family!!!

Brigham

PS, thanks for the mail, and all the support, I LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment