Monday, October 6, 2014

Nothing Is Better Than This Mission Right Now

Hi!

This week was a good week.

This week, we finished all our zone conferences, woohoo! Now we can be in the sector a bit more, and we have the time to prepare for the transfers here in the mission. We've been working with President on them, but have not yet finished. It's a lot different, seeing how it happens, and seeing to what extent that President really knows ALL the missionaries, and is doing his very best to understand where they should go, and who they can become, It is a pretty cool process, and I just feel lucky to participate.

Monday, we had an awesome experience going to the hospital, and giving some blessings. Elder Taylor and I took elder Jessop, and elder Tumarae (Papeete's ZLs, who live with us), to the hospital so we could give several blessings. I took elder Tumarae, and we had just a name to go visit; it was someone from Sister Naylor's old ward in Raiataia, and she told us that he'd come to the hospital, but had no idea where he was at, or in what state. We showed up to the front desk hoping to find the receptionist, but it turns out they leave at like 5. So elder Tumarae and I poked arround the hospital a bit  looking for a receptionist or nurse, and eventually wound up talking to a nurse who took us to his room. We were 'lucky' (blessed by the spirit) enough to have found the guy, and then he was super touched by the blessing. It was a really cool experience for me, that the spirit took us to him, and that he wanted the blessing badly. He'd received a large operation, and had lots of recuperation to do.

Tuesday was mostly spent in the office, and prepping for the transfers. Wednesday and Thursday were the final two zone conferences. They went well, and our formation ( I think one says Training in english) was well received. We had talked about the sacred nature of our call, we made copies of everyone's call letter then cited it as scripture. It was a good formation, and it helped me and elder Taylor at least, remember our calls.

Friday we had lessons, and our weekly zone meeting. It was a great day, and we had a marriage of two of our new converts. They separated before their baptisms yeah, SEPARATED (instead of married), and then prepared to be married, responsible people. It was cool, because they are much happier now, and they really showed their level of conversion and faith in obeying the laws and sincerely repenting, not just marring so they could be baptized. Any ways, it was a great marriage, and they looked really happy. Made me think of Cherise! Getting SEALED! so cool!

Saturday and Sunday, general conference was AWESOME! It is pretty much like Christmas for missionaries. Seriously though, we were all stoked, and seeing it in English was nice too. I got a cold I think, and have been stuffy, and a bit groggy since the Sunday morning session, but I shall be fine.
During conference I felt the spirit very strongly, and just realized more and more how happy I am to be a missionary, and a member of the church. I know the church is true, and am a happy, member!

We got to watch Priesthood with President Bize. We took him to our stake center so he could see it (net crashed at his house), and afterwards we ate with him and Sister Bize. It has been fun to get to know them, and learn from and love them and their examples. They are such very nice people.

So, that is one charged day to day report of the week. :P I am tired after our fun zone activity today, but happy to write you guys! I love you all so very much and I cant wait to see you again, but I know I will. Its now been 1 year in Tahiti (as of tomorrow.... yikes) and on the 24th, I will have been out for 15 months. I think you have no idea how fast things are going. I can not believe this. I am happy to be here, and the more settled in I feel, or the more used to missionary work I get, the faster it happens. I am just happy to serve, and I hope that meaningful, and lasting fruits will come from our labors. I feel so very blessed, and can not imagine a better thing to do. Even though hunting or fishing or disc golf or dirt biking sounds sooo fun, I realize that NOTHING is better than this mission right now. I am exactly where heavenly Father wants me right now, and I have the assurance that if I do my best, I am in the green. If I put in my all, no matter how much or little my all equals, I will come out on top, and beyond that, Heavenly Father will bless you guys, and me, and people in Tahiti. This really is just the coolest thing, ever. I feel so lucky, and so blessed. I am very happy, and doing well. Again, I love you SOOO MUCH, and I think of you, and pray for you all daily. Thanks for the mail and prayers too :D

Have a good week, and thanks for everything. I love you!

Brigham

No comments:

Post a Comment