Monday, January 27, 2014

My Tahitian Needs Love

Hey Mom and Dad!

Thanks for the emails. Good to hear about my missionary friends, but more great to hear about my family :) Before I forget, I used an ATM and took 8 000 xpf out of checking. Should be arround 90 bucks. Had a problem with my church card so I used the visa in a pinch for groceries. I'll find out what the problem is this week. Just thought you'd wanna know that a purchase should be on the sheet. And yes I like choir.

This week has been good. We had a lot of rain the last few days, and a lot of cancelled lessons too. Not the best for the work. This week I think I gave 5 or 6 blessings too. That is really cool for me, but exhausting too. I gave one in half French half Tahitian, but it was really weak Tahitian. The brother in our ward speaks Tahitian WAY better than French but Marquesian is his first language. Got a reminder of how much love my Tahitian needs. FAAA is one of the most intellegent places in Tahiti, and one of the best places to use French. If and when I leave it, a LOT of Tahitian will come my way, ready or not haha. Elder Christensen is good at both. He served on Raetea I think. He's also been a really good friend too.

Sounds like the new ward is good! Michael's mom is awesome. Bummer dad won't be in Elders quorum with me anymore.... I thought that was fun. Did your preisthood like of athourity change? Wonder if you will ordain me a High Priest some day. Just cool.

The main problems with our investigators are drugs and marriage. I'm not a huge fan of writing an essay detailing my amis every week like some missionaries (progress report takes a long time anyways).  Also do they talk to you guys on Facebook? One said she tried. Anyway, thanks for the support. If you want to be involved the best way is to read 'Hastening the lords game plan' from the last GC, and make a family game plan like Elder Gifford Nielsen did. I would watch that, and then try and do little things for friends. Missionary work is a lot easier than FHE and Sacrament with friends. A lot of the time it is just being a friend for an investigator you'll already know. If the Stake missionaries have a Stake mission plan, THEY'D LOVE TO hear from you. Sorry it has not much to do with me, but if members here came to me, I'd be SOOOO Glad. Talk to the stake missionaries and share your game plan :) Prayer helps too :) thanks. 

Thanks for all your love and support. I love you so much and am glad to be here. I miss you all, but know I'll see you in 18 months. That's only a sister mission away, haha!

LOVE YOU!!!

Brigham

No comments:

Post a Comment